1968 Aston Martin DB6 Volante
This stunning matching numbers DB6 Volante was sold new via H R Owen to Town and Commercial Developments Ltd of London W1, originally finished in Olive with Champagne Connolly hide interior and is now attractively presented in California Sage.
The car comes with a very detailed history file, including concours results, MOTs and invoices, highlights of which include:
- matching numbers
- original factory manual gearbox
- an appearance in the ITV series, 'The Ruth Rendell Mysteries'
- featuring in Neil F Murray's book 'On Aston Martin'
- full engine rebuild by Ian Moss (at approximately 88,000 miles)
- new hood made by an ex-Aston Martin coach trimmer
- full bare-metal re-spray in California Sage, carried out in 2005
- at the same time the suspension and brakes were overhauled, the car converted from right to left hand drive, five new wire wheels fitted and a high torque starter motor added
In 2005, the car was sold to an owner in Belgium where the speedometer was changed from mph to kmh and has been serviced regularly since then.
In its current LHD form, it drives beautifully. We can of course re-convert it to its original RHD configuration for a nominal cost, if this is preferred.