1960 Cooper Climax T51
The T51 was a Formula One and Formula Two car built by the Cooper Car Company for the 1959 Formula One season. It earned a significant place in motor racing history when Jack Brabham drove a T51 to become the first driver to win the world championship with a rear-engined car. The T51 was raced in several configurations by various entrants until 1963 and in all no less than 38 drivers were entered to drive T51s in Grand Prix races.
This is an ex John Surtees car fitted with a 2.5 Climax FPF engine, and subsequently raced successfully in Historic Grand Prix events by Willie Green, Stirling Moss and Nigel Bancroft. In immaculate condition throughout, having benefited from a nut and bolt restoration in 2007 and a more recent engine and transmission rebuild.
Complete with a very detailed history file, including period programmes, photos and race results. Ready to race and eligible for prestigious events worldwide.